October 2, 2012

Craft::Fall Wreath

I have had the same wreath hanging on our front door for almost a year. We moved into our home November 18th. (Maybe baby boy will come on our 1 year homeowners anniversary!:))

I wanted to make a new wreath and make one that was a little more Fall-like. Truly, I'm a very simple crafter. I don't do anything overboard--or at least I try not to. This wreath didn't end up turning out too Fall-like but I do like it's simplicity and it was fun to get out my craft supplies!

Supplies needed:
Wreath--I got mine from JoAnns with a 50% off coupon. I think it was $5 or so.
Door Hook: Got mine at the Dollar Store last Fall.
Burlap--you'll need about 6 strips of 4in. by 36 in. depending on the size of your wreath.
Glue gun--to adhere burlap to wreath and to adhere any other embellishments.
Embellishments--I used some old book pages, a little fabric, and some felt.

Oh, and a little warning--Burlap is MESSY. You'll be able to see that in some of the photos. You could always cover the wreath in paper, fabric, felt, etc.
First step is to wrap the burlap around the wreath.
 When the strip runs out, hot glue the edge of the burlap to the wreath and then start the next strip right on top of where the last one stopped.
Continue wrapping the burlap strips around the wreath until it is fully covered.
There are so many fun embellishment you could do. Look on Pinterest and you can find LOTS of different flowers to do--out of felt, fabric, paper, etc. 

Again, mine is not necessarily Fall-like but I like it. Just a simple bow and a flower. Maybe I'll add to it. 
 Either way, just make a wreath that YOU like. There are so many beautiful wreaths out there on the internet for inspiration. You could go all out or just do something simple like mine. 

The trick is to just START. Get out your craft supplies and START working on it. Then you will get the energy/motivation/creativity to make a wreath that makes you and your door happy:)

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment