May 6, 2012

Overjoyed

Travis and I are overjoyed to announce that we have a sweet, little, bun in the oven!
We got to see our little babe and hear his or her heartbeat at 10 weeks and it was very surreal and emotional. Right when we saw the baby on the screen, he was jumping around--it was so cute! 

I asked Travis after the appointment if seeing the baby made him love our little one. He said he already loved the baby before the appointment--melts my heart. I think I was kind of protecting myself, wanting to see the baby before becoming attached. Well, I am stuck like glue and keep looking at my belly in awe that there is a little miracle growing so perfectly. I am getting a little glimpse into that love that parents feel for their children and it is quite overwhelming--I'm already dreaming of kissing his or her chubby cheeks and seeing Travis love his baby. Ah!

Our due date is November 20th and we could not be more excited about the time of year our little babe will be born. Just in time to get lots of snuggles from family at Thanksgiving and Christmas time. We have a few Fall weddings to photograph and it will all work out perfectly. God's plan always ends up so much better than our own.

Yes, we will be finding out the sex as soon as we can. I am a planner and could not handle that wait. We will find out in June if this little one is a boy or a girl--then the decorating begins! (The Doc said the heartbeat was fast and sounded like a girl...)

Well, I really could write for days about my thoughts, feelings, etc. about being a mommy. But, I have about 7 more months for that and I promised myself that I'd keep this one short and sweet.

We truly believe that every child is a gift from the Lord and we are so thankful that we are finally going to get to experience this gift.


5 comments:

  1. YIYE!!! Sooooo very excited for you guys!! Love this blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...FINALLY I can tell people I get to be an aunt!!! SO SO SO Excited and Emrie can't wait to meet her cousin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Danielle!!! So excited for you guys:) I'm sure your baby will be SOOO adorable! Love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHHHHHHHHH so excitingg!!!!!

    ReplyDelete