October 15, 2010

DIY dining room chairs

Once again, this is old news to those of you who are friends with me on Facebook.

This is a fairly simple, but time-consuming project. I did not realize how long this would take. My husband was out of town for a few nights and I wanted to surprise him with some cute newly covered dining room chairs!

Materials:
-New fabric measured depending on the size of your seats.
-Staples and staple gun
-Screwdriver or something to pry out old staples!
-Whatever materials it takes to remove old fabric from chairs(like screwdriver).

Here's what the dining room chairs looked like before:


This table belonged to my stepdad's grandmother. I think this was the original fabric.

Step#1. Pick out your replacement fabric!
Step #2. Remove the current fabric. This takes a lot of muscle. There had to have been at least 60 small staples in every chair. Friends helped me.
Step #3. Measure out the replacement fabric.
Here is how I measured how much fabric to cut:


Step #4. Attach new fabric to chairs and secure.

Old vs. new
 I picked two fabrics. I liked both of them and I was really happy with the results. I did four chairs in the floral print and the two end chairs in the other print. I wanted something different. It worked!


 Finished product!


I just love how the two fabrics turned out!



If you are thinking about recovering some chairs, do it. It is so worth the work. According to my grandmother, "it gives the table new life!"

Thanks for following!

2 comments:

  1. Danee great job! I love what you did.
    you have some great ideas on your blog, i really enjoy it! love ya:)

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget