November 20, 2013

Broderick:: Happy First Birthday!

Wow. I know all parents say this but I just have to--how did this past year go so fast?? One year ago today I was going through this miracle. The best day of our lives.

Now our little boy is 1 year old and he is such a joy! I am so grateful to be his mom and try my very best not to take it for granted.

Here's a look at Brody's little birthday party this past weekend. We did a little red,white and blue  Nautical theme. 
These were little favors for friends to take home--a bag of goldfish and a graphic print.
I'm calling this his "Where's my cake, lady?" face. We are working on his manners...
 This boy LOVED his cupcake and starting clapping after taking his first bite :)
The relationship between these two favorite boys of mine brings me to tears. I am so grateful.
The past few weeks have brought so much learning for him and new things. He is talking lots and understanding more and more each day. He says up, hi, please, dada, nana, ball, apple and lots more. Saying mama has fallen to the wayside. ;) Oh, and he also says boob. Yeah, my bad. I can't quite figure out how to make him unlearn that one...

Broderick, you have brought so much joy to our lives this past year.  You have changed us. We love watching you explore your surroundings. You have become quite the character! The first word out of your mouth in the morning is either "dada!" or "ball!".  Those are two of your favorites! We keep saying that you are such a boy--you love to tackle us, throw balls around the house and you run with no caution. 

Thank you for making us parents. You are our favorite little one year old and we thank God every single day that you are our baby. We love you. 
 Happy Birthday, sweet boy! 

4 comments:

  1. And we love all of you guys! Such a blessed little boy to have you and Travis for parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh he's such a cutie!!!! Happy birthday:)

    ReplyDelete