May 28, 2013

Broderick::Pacifier Tears

I can't believe I am about to write a blog post about pacifiers but oh well, that's my territory now. I'm owning it.

We had Brody's 6 month check up today and Travis was able to come. I was so excited he could make it! Then at the end of the appointment our Doctor asked if Brody uses a pacifer. We said yes. She gave us a look and said with sympathy in her eyes "Now is the best time to get rid of it. He isn't attached to it and by 8 or 9 months, he will be". WHY DID TRAVIS HAVE TO COME TO THIS APPT?!?

I walked out of there petrified. I knew that Travis was now 100% on board with taking away Brody's pacifier. I was silent in the car on the way home, while Brody cried. He was WAY past his nap time so I stuck my pinky in his mouth and he was passed out in no time. 

When we got home put him in his crib and he automatically started screaming. I walked out in the living room and just started crying. I am kind of embarrassed to admit that. But, it's true. It is so hard to hear your baby scream. Travis agreed that since we screwed up his schedule and he was overly tired, we would give him his pacifier this last time. OKAY:)

I have such a great hubby. He saw how upset I was about this whole situation and told me to come up with a plan and we can discuss it. I told him that Brody has had his pacifier since he was 4 days old--Of course he is already attached to it. The main reason why I was so upset about it was because I was going to be the one home having to deal with the tears and screaming at nap time. So, we decided that Brody will only get his pacifier at nap time during the day. No more having it attached to him all the time. No more popping it in his mouth while we are driving around town. I am SO happy we decided this. 

All in all, Brody's 6 month check up was awesome. He weighs 18.14 lbs(75th) and is 27.5 inches long(90th)! His head is off the charts:)
instagram--mrsdla
Although, I think our Doctor needs to not say things like that with husbands in the room:) Come on, lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment