August 8, 2012

Chico California Photographer::Full

One day after Travis and I had put away our groceries, I said to him "You know what one of my simple pleasures in life is? It's a full fruit basket." He probably didn't really respond with more than a "yeah":). I love the bananas hanging, the apples and peaches ready to be eaten, and lemons ready to be squeezed. Then I kind of stopped myself. Wait a minute--this is not a simple pleasure whatsoever

A full fruit basket is something that a lot of people in the world will never experience. Some people will never have a single banana in their life. When we pull a banana of that bunch and casually eat it, we are taking part in a pleasure of our life's circumstances...but not everyone's. 
What is a 'simple pleasure' in your life that you realize is much more than simple? I'd love to hear!

1 comment:

  1. I would definitly have to say the washing machine and dishwasher! There is no better feeling than having all the dishes sparkling in the cupboards and all the laundry smelling fresh in the closets. Plus with two little ones making messes I can't imagine how much time I would spend cleaning if it weren't for those two modern appliances in my home. Not to mention they are IN MY HOME. I don't have to walk or drive to the laundry mat to do my laundry like I did in college. We are super super blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete