November 19, 2012

39 weeks

Well, I have to be honest, I didn't think I'd be pregnant anymore at this point. However, I feel like every day that passes I am learning that His timing truly is just perfect. Every day that I get to spend with just Travis has been amazing. We have been truly enjoying every day that it is just the two of us. This morning we went to breakfast before he went to work. We are both excited for labor to start and I feel pretty good physically--just anxious to meet our son!

(These photos were taken at 39 weeks and 6 days--I was in labor. Travis took these in between contractions while we were laboring at home.I wrote this post earlier that afternoon before knowing I was in labor. Kinda fun to look back and read what I was thinking.)
Weeks:39
Weight gain: Lost a pound this past week. I think it is from all the walking & yoga ball bouncing.
Baby's size: No idea. Could be 9 pounds...could be 7 pounds.
Maternity clothes: Yes. I wore Yoga pants to a Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house this past weekend. Whatev.
Changes: At our appt. on Friday I was still 2 cm dilated but now 50% effaced! Baby's head had moved down a bit. I was pretty excited about being effaced and I'll take the progress without labor pains! Also, I got my membranes stripped this morning. (Separating the amniotic sac from the uterus.) It is a more natural way to induce labor but it isn't a given. Doctor says there is about a 1 in 3 chance it will put me into labor within the next two days. We shall see! I walked around our neighborhood for 1.5 hours this morning after the procedure--doctor's orders.
Food cravings: Sandwiches and I've been eating lots of Cuties.
Food aversions: Not feeling like burgers again.
Best moment this week: Getting more time enjoying our now-lifestyle:)
Worst moment this week: Thinking I was going into labor on Saturday night and not. Been having contractions but they fade. However, they are doing something(getting me effaced), so that's good!
Missing anything: Not really
Looking forward to: Meeting our baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment